I have completed six quilts in my Working In Series class, and will show all of them in this post. The class was very challenging and I recommend it highly for any of you interested in producing more art quilts. Again, the class is taught by Elizabeth Barton through the Academy of Quilting (www.academyofquilting.com) .
Here are the quilts, in the order I completed them.
1. Blue spheres. The background is hand painted. A variety of white on white fabrics were used for the strips. The spheres started with circles in several blue and green fabrics. The shading was produced with a white Paintstik (see earlier post for details).
2. Purple circles. Deep purple background fabric, lavender strips (some hand painted), and a variety of purple circles.
3. Purple circles on yellow strips. Half the yellow strips were painted with a diluted brown paint to darken them slightly to add more depth. The background is dark purple. A variety of purple and blue fabrics were used for the circles.
4. Black and white and red. Black background fabric, A variety of black and white prints for the strips. Red-orange circles.
5. Blue, tan, and red. Here circles were cut out of the original circles. I like this idea and want to explore it further.
6. Cream, Blue gray and brown. The blue gray strip fabric was a handpainted piece left over from a previous fabric painting class taught by Michelle Scott.
I can think of many ways to explore this theme further, and look forward to doing so in the future.